5 stats to know before Bivouac vs. Triplets
By BIG3 July 10, 2021
5 key stats to know before Bivouac-Triplets matchup on the first weekend of the BIG3 season.
- Two of the top three leading scorers on a points-per-game basis face off in this week 1 matchup between heavyweights. Joe Johnson, the reigning MVP and BIG3 champ returns to the Triplets for the 2021 season. Last season he averaged 22 points per game to lead the league. Not far behind him Will Bynum of the Bivouac averaged 18.2 points per game which ranked him 3rd in the league.
- Last season the Bivouac had at least one player ranked in the top 10 of every statistical category. Will Bynum with 18.2 points per game. Josh Smith with 7.5 rebounds per game. Will Bynum with 3 assists per game. Josh Smith with 1 steal per game. Josh Smith with 1 block per game. CJ Leslie at 54% field goals. Anthony Morrow with 43% three pointers. And Anthony Morrow with 50% four point shots. The Bivouac had their presence felt throughout the league in the 2019 season. The Bivouac add three new players this season who will look to make similar contributions all over the floor.
- Joe Johnson was top 3 in the league in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and 4 pointers made. Safe to say the MVP discussion, wasn’t much of a discussion in the 2019 season. Johnson was the clear number 1 player on the best team in the league, and the whole roster returns for the Triplets. Triplets, Jamario Moon, said in a recent interview that, “Johnson makes my life easier.” How will they stack up in this years competition?
- The Triplets finished the 2019 season with a BIG3 best 7-1 record, while the Bivouac were in the middle of the pack at a .500 4-4. The last time these teams faced off the Triplets won a close game 51-45. Iso Joe had 26 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists in that matchup. Josh Smith had a double double with 22 points and 10 rebounds. If the Bivouac want to overcome the 2019 champs they will need Will Bynum to have a game close to his season average from 2019. In the 2019 matchup between the Triplets and the Bivouac, Bynum had 8 points and 4 assists, so he will be looking to get more involved week 1 this season.
- 3 and 4 point shooting is something both the Bivouac and Triplets will be looking to use. In 2019 Joe Johnson was 3rd in the league in 3 pointers made with 16 and first in 4 pointers made with 4. The four pointers will likely be a bigger part of the game this season with more sharpshooters in the league. Last season Anthony Morrow was the threat from the outside for the Bivouac. This season the Bivouac drafted Alonzo Gee, who can definitely fill it up from the outside. Will Bynum can also get it going from the outside.
Overall this makes for an intense week 1 matchup in the BIG3. Both rosters have seasoned vets and new players looking to make an impact.